Vintage Pattern Marketplace

Vintage Pattern Marketplace

Saturday, November 22, 2014

The Right Way to Carve by James Beard

The Right Way To Carve
There are a few chefs that I can name whose philosophy of eating changed the way we perceive dining. James Beard is one of those giants. My copy of American Cookery is well loved and well used. His simple tomato soup recipe has been a winner at every dinner party I have served it. I even served it as the first course for Thanksgiving dinner several years ago and it set the tone for the rest of the entrees to come. 

As Thanksgiving approaches once again and you are presented with the task of carving the turkey or roast or whatever you are serving your guests, fear not. In this 1950s article from Woman's Day magazine, James Beard walks you through the steps for a perfect presentation without the anxiety. Download the article HERE and from the pattern sellers on Goodsmiths, we wish you a very 

 Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a good carve but my husband is worse so this tutorial is much needed at our house! Thank you for posting it. Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete